Wednesday, February 14, 2007

NERTS!!!

OK, so super fun game. Margaret taught me how to play Nerts yesterday. So much fun. We were playing for a slightly sad reason, my friend K, Margaret's roommate decided to move out of state recently. We were having a goodbye party. So overall reasons for getting together sad - playing and eating together, so fun!

Explaining it is a little hard, but next time we are together, we can learn to play.

I'm going on a date of some sort tonight. My brother-in-law talked to me last night and asked me to go on a date with him and my sister tonight. I told him no, that Valentines should be a night just for them. I was going to stay home and read, watch movies, play with the dog, etc. But he and Buckley said they were going out on a date on the 13th. So in the long run we are all going on a "date" tonight. I love that I have sweet family.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Oh, I have played NERTS before and remember thinking it was fun (if a little intense). Maybe you can rea-teach us when we are there next week. Although, I must say, the name always sounded like a pseudo-swear word to me.

I love that our family is loving and thoughtful of one another. That Pandrew is "a keeper"! Come to think of it, so are Cody, Daniel and Lisa. How did we get so blessed?

You, my dear are "one of the good kind" also!

Heather said...

NERTS is the legendary game that I played with Uncle J. and cheated. I had fun until I was in the doghouse. :)

Also wanted to mention that I think your family is awesome, too. :)

Kathryn Thompson said...

No, you're shmoopy! I love you. Please come to me.

Margaret said...

And you should be in my FHE group - I FORCED some of them to play. :) And let me just tell you that playing with only 2 or 3 people...totally doesn't rock.