Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thoughts in a Hotel Room

I think I may be secretly aspiring to be a pirate. A few weeks ago I bought a new eye liner. I really like it. It goes on smoothly and evenly. There really is not much need for me to shape or smudge the line at all because it turns out so well. OK, here is what is going on that has me contemplating this.

I am currently in California at a genealogy conference. my co-workers and I came in early this morning so that we could have some time to play in Southern California before we get down to the work of helping people with their genealogy. I was blessed in high school to have some amazing friends. Since graduating we've all gone our separate ways. Some are married, some aren't. Some are married to others from our group of friends, some aren't. Strangely enough three of my five best friends from high school now live in SoCal, and we are going to play this weekend. I haven't seen JessieAnna since Jenni's wedding almost 2 years ago, and I haven't seen Matt and Tricia since I lived in the Riviera over 4 years ago. They have 2 kids now, and I haven't even met their youngest yet. It is with this in mind that I really want to put my best face forward, and not look like a total scrub when I see them this weekend.

I knew coming into this trip that there would be quite a bit of down time. I haven't been able to straighten everything out yet so that I can remote in to work from here, so I brought a bunch of books and DVDs and genealogy projects to work on when I am not actually working at the conference. I brought a good mix of chick flicks, westerns, Shakespeare, Disney, fantasy and sports movies so that I am sure to have something that will fit my mood. (Also, I can let my co-workers borrow DVDs if they so choose) Among the DVDs are the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Tonight I am going to play with JessieAnna and meet her new roommates. I decided I was in the mood to listen to two strikingly good looking men exchange piratey Banter while engaging in some fierce swashbuckling. So I turned on Pirates 1 on in the background while I got ready. It was while I was putting on my eyeliner that I realized my subconscious ambition to be a pirate. As it turns out my new eyeliner, which I love because of it's black, iridescent pearly glow goes by the name of "Black Pearl".

Hmmm. I did see Johnny Depp's Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today. I wonder what my future holds if I suddenly decided to cruise the Caribbean searching for booty.

Well, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom are certainly something to think about. That's for sure.

3 comments:

Papa said...

Exactly What Kind of Booty would you be looking for, me hearty????

Unknown said...

I love that you are silly!! Silly is Fun! Silly is GGREAT!

Meglen said...

I always knew there was something dark and sinister about you, Megan. Have I ever been around you under the light of the moon? (cue foreboding music)