Saturday, December 16, 2006

Raw Chicken, Dancing, Prizes and Drunk Jeff

Christmas brings a lot of things. One new thing that I have experienced this year is the Corporate Company Christmas Party. I may have already mentioned that I love my company. I love the people I work with and the perks that I get working there. (We are completely decked out for Christmas). One of the big selling points for the party this year was that there would be an open bar. This wasn't really a perk for most of the people who work there because most of us don't drink. The night was fun, other than the hellish driving conditions (the drive that normally takes 45 mins to 1 hour took 2 hours 15 mins.)

It was at the nicest hotel in the state, with the option for fantastic door prizes. By the time we got there dinner was being served, but luckily the girls who sit with me had saved me and Buckley seats at their table. Yes, my sister Buckley went as my "date". By the time we finished driving I was so grateful that she was in the passenger seat, and not some guy I didn't really know that well and would've needed to make small talk with. Dinner was nice, however after about 4 bites of my Chicken Picata, I started to realize that it was still pretty pink, it was difficult to tell because the Ballroom was so dim. So far, food poisoning hasn't set in, but I am on the watch for it.

The door prizes were fun, we won a $25 gift certificate to Best Buy, and danced like crazy. While we were dancing a guy by the name of "Jeff" came over and introduced himself, and started trying to dance with me. To be more specific, "Jeff", who had been taking advantage of the open bar, was trying to "Get up on it". It being me. I dodged it rather adeptly by walking away and clearly giving him the message to "get up off it". My supervisor's wife noticed this little interchange (along with everyother person dancing with us) and mentioned that if it happened again she would grab my hands and drag me to the bathroom immediately. So much fun. I really feel like I've reached a mile stone in my life. I remember about hearing about company Christmas party antics which are induced by that flighty temptress, alcohol, and now I feel like I have been a part of it. Today I am almost ready to admit that I am a grown up, but not quite.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Ah Nantie, you are just grown up enough, but not too much! It's one of the things I love about you.

So glad you have protectors around and were able to avoid the inebriated one. Drunken guys are such a drag! But who could blame him for wanting to dance with you. You are the cutest! Love your new picture, by the way.

Margaret said...

LOL

Let's talk about my summer some time. SOOO glad you escaped the drunken guy!