Tuesday, April 18, 2006

How weird am I?

I was tagged by Gabriella who's "Livin' La Vida Loca" to list 6 wierd things about me. Here goes:

1. I have to sleep with my left foot uncovered. It doesn't matter if it's 40 below, that foot must be free!!

2. I answer rhetorical questions.

3. I eat my meals in segments. Example: Thanksgiving dinner goes a little something like this: Salad is the first thing off my plate. I won't start in on the mashed potatoes until every lettuce leaf is off my plate. Next comes mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, corn, stuffing, and finally the turkey. No food is started until the last item is gone.

4. My left shoe always goes on first. In fact, my left leg always goes first, putting on pants, socks, slippers, you name it. There really is such a thing as starting the day off on the wrong foot.

5. When I am bored, I make wierd faces. Seriously. Sometimes I'll be sitting alone in the library and realize that I've been making a fish face. I don't know how long I've been doing it, but I think I can trace it back to when my sisters started having kids. I used to make faces at Laylee, Magoo and the Bean, and pretty soon I just started making faces when I was bored or lost in thought. Go figure.

6. I have no idea where some of my words come from. I was born in Canada, with an American mother and moved to the States when I was about 11. Some words just mush together. Is it sneakers? runners? tennies? Trainers? Beats me, they're all athletic shoes right? Also, late at night, my Canadian accent comes out. My roommates like to mock me for it. When I try and do one normally it sounds forced, but late at night it all comes back and I suddenly start sounding like a hoser again. Meanwhile, a Texan drawl comes out when I'm stressed, angry, or offering someone more food. I think that part comes from being a waitress in Texas for several summers. And finally, I've watched and listened to too many Lord of the Rings Special Features and Commentaries that I can no longer do a British Accent. It always comes out sounding Australian or New Zealand-esque. (What is the right word for that?)

Anyway, that's me. Now I have to tag someone else:

1. Flip Flop Mamma
2. Elle Scorcho
3. Papa at PapaRocks
4. Grammy at Grammy Rules
5. Justin at Myveryownatheblog
6. Anyone else who might stumble upon this and want to participate.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I don't know, Meggie. How weird are you? Not that weird, but thank you for sharing and I'll try and respond (now that I've been tagged twice, I'm feeling the pressure.). Love you