Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Life after College

Ok, So I'm getting ready to graduate! I am so excited. And freaked out of my mind. I know that in four months I will be thrown into the real world with things to worry about like insurance, car payments, having a "real job" as opposed to the Large electronics-mart I work for now. So these past few weeks have been filled with Job hunting. It is still a little too early to be interviewing for fulltime, career-type jobs, but I just want to know what it is that I'll be doing once I'm done in August.

Well, today I got a call from a company that I've been interested in, they want me to interview for a part time position that I would start now, before graduation. This position is in the field I want to concentrate on, and there are opportunities for advancement once I graduate, so YAY!

But at the same time I've been looking at job with the church. I figure if I am going to graduate from college I might as well take a chance to travel, or strike out on my own for once. So, this past week I've been looking into Jobs in Utah, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, and even Hawaii. I know I probably won't do them, but they all start out paying really well, and I am qualified for all of them. It's not something I'm really considering because they won't hire me four months ahead of time, but it's kind of nice to know that the option is there. Maybe if I move to Hawaii I'll learn how to surf for real. And maybe if I move to Washington I could see The Daring Young Family more than I do now.
We'll see how it all works out, but until then keep your fingers crossed about my interview in the morning!

2 comments:

Gabriela said...

Good luck! It is scary leaving college life and heading out into the "real world". It's exciting though too. Enjoy it!

Kathryn Thompson said...

I will keep my fingers crossed, but not too hard. I want you to move up here!