Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Here's how I know . . .

God loves me!

I am not used to the emotional rollercoaster that is graduation. I was doing fine for a few days, but once life calmed down a bit and I was feeling alright with letting life happen when it happens, and I started freaking out again. I feel like I'm 12 years old again and I don't know if I'm going to be laughing or crying at any moment.

Tonight was spent worrying about the future, the fact that I don't have a job, and that I only have 2 1/2 months left until "Go time". I came home from an evening of praying and reading my scriptures looking for some kind of resolution and my roommate Lis was sitting on the couch. We sat and talked for a while. She mentioned that sometimes when our faith is tested, it's only a little while before the Lord sends the blessings we need. Alot of times they aren't the blessings we are looking for, but they are definitely blessings.

I came back to my room to work on my paper, and check my e-mail. The only thing in my inbox was the monthly newsletter from my department at school, which I rarely read, and only briefly check out the employment section. Usually the jobs available are part time contracting work, which I would love to get involoved with once I start having kids and settling down. However, these jobs are supplemental in nature and are not meant to be a sole income.

Well, as I checked it today, there were a few jobs listed looking for full time genealogists, specifically genealogists working towards Acreditation, and who already have a degree in Genealogy. One of the companies is a molecular genealogy firm, they are working on a database of DNA samples and linking those people into pedigree charts using DNA and records. They are looking for people with my degree, and I would be able to stay in the area. There are a few more, and I will be sending out my resume as soon as I refine it a little more.

All this job talk got me excited, and I checked my job sites that I haven't looked at in about a week and half, and there are alot of exciting prospects on that website as well. It was just another way that I saw today that the Lord loves me and is going to help me get where I need to be, just so long as I keep close to Him, and I keep working on my faith.

In other news I have a new roommate. She showed up on my doorstep yesterday. I'm a little nervous because she is a brandspanking new freshnam. She graduated from highschool last Saturday and is from a very small town. So far she's been in her room quite a bit, and hasn't really come out to meet Lis and me, but I'll keep you informed of how it goes.

Have a fantastic day!!

5 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

You are so awesome. You have to take a job up her! Must! Have to. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh YEAH! I know everything will work out! It just isn't always on the time schedule we have planned! Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

yay for new possibilities! I love you!

Grammy said...

The Lord DOES Love you and I do too! Keep trying. It will be OK! You are still the BEST!

Millie said...

OK, now, you just got a degree in genealogy? Can I kiss your feet? Please?

Can I have details? I'm about to launch my own professional genealogy career and would love to know what got you started (if you're weird like me, or what).