Monday, May 15, 2006

Make New Friends But Keep the Old

This summer term has been full of friends moving out and moving in. First to leave was my roomate and friend Kerry.
Kerry and Meg
Kerry is amazing. She is completely loving and selfless. During the move that nearly cost me my blogging habit, We were all tired, we had just finished killing our selves with finals, and Kerry came down with a really bad cold the night before the move. Finally, on Friday morning when I wasn't sure if I would be done with cleaning before check out, Kerry got on her hands and knees and helped me scrub the kitchen floor. Kerry is fantastic, she's gone out of state for the summer, and I miss her like crazy.

Another good friend I will be missing is my dear friend Agis. He went home last week. We've called him several times, but it doesn't make it any easier to think that he is going to be gone for two years. We wanted to do something special to show him that we love him, so for his birthday we made a cardboard cut out of his head and took pictures. We threw a birthday party for him,
B-Day party
then things got a little crazy.
shower time

And finally, my roommate Elle Scorcho has decided to go home for the next two months. She is practically family, (she's planning to come to the family reunion in 4 years). I came home tonight and suddenly the apartment felt so incredibly empty. Life will go on, and I keep telling myself she will be back in a few months. Until then I will just have to talk to her almost constantly, and take lots of pictures while she is gone. This pic is from our totally awesome Cinco de Mayo party.
100_0322
Basically we went and ate Mexican food. Then we came home and watched a movie. Not super festive, but good all the same.

On the bright side, I got a chance to meet Agis' older brother, Shayster, who just moved out here to go to school. I met him yesterday. So far, he's a pretty cool cat.

That's about all the news for now. I'll keep you posted on the sparsness of my friends and my new budding social life.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

I'm sorry that so many of your sweet friends are deserting the ship. It kind of reminds me of what you did to me,,,,hhmmmm?

It seems like I begged and begged you to ditch that whole education option and just stay home and be my techical advisor and pool-side buddy. But ... NO! You had to go and get yourself edjumacated and lead a productive life.

Where have I failed?

Nantie Meg said...

Easy-If I wasn't going to school I would be kicked off of Dad's insurance, and I wouldn't have been able to be y our pool buddy anyway, because I would be working so much.

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Come visit me!!! or I will come visit you later this summer and be your friend. (does that sound threatening) :) Love You!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Oh. I'm so sorry you are sad. You are a girl who will make friends anywhere you go. Love you.